Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.
This workshop will give you tips for making meals that are both healthy and taste great.
This Dietary Guidelines provide science-based advice for making food choices that promote good health and a healthy weight and help prevent disease.
This workshop also gives you the recommendations on the amount, types, and level of intensity of physical activity needed to achieve and maintain good health.
- Balancing Calories
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- 1. Learn about small changes you can make to choose healthier fats, less salt, and natural sugars
- 2. Learn about food substitutions and using organic spices, herbs, and seasonings that will give you new ways to eat healthfully.
- 3. Learn ideas for recipe modifications and cooking techniques to reduce calories, solid fats (saturated and trans fat), sodium, or added sugars